The human body is made up of about 70% water. Water is essential to life and has some surprising benefits. Here are great reasons you should drink water.
Drinking Water helps you …….
- Maintain balance in the body. Water is your body largest component and makes up about 60 percent of your body weight. Every system in your body depends on water. As an example, water flushes toxins out of vital organs, carries nutrients to your cells and provides a moist environment for your ear, nose and throat tissues.
- Control weight. Sometimes we can mistake feeling hungry when we are actually thirsty. Grab a glass of water if you are unsure if you are truly craving food. Wait 15minutes and then see. Water is a calorie free drink as opposed to the many sugary calories in a soft drink. Substitute water for sugary drinks and you will lose weight in no time.
- Increase energy. Since water is used for almost all the processes in the body, when you are low on water, you are low on energy. Try drinking a glass of water if you are feeling sluggish instead of caffeine, which can actually dehydrate you further.
- Prevent depression. Low levels of water in the brain can cause depression, or feeling down since water is required for optimal functioning of the brain. So if you are feeling down, grab a glass and drink up.
- Glowing skin. Here is an interesting fact, the largest organ in your body is your skin. Dehydration can make your skin look deflated and wrinkled. Drinking water can help your skin look younger, brighter, and healthier.
- Digestion. Water keeps things flowing in your intestinal tract and kidneys. If you want to keep things regular, drink some water.
- Prevent headaches.Sometimes headaches are caused by being dehydrated and drinking a water can help restore your bodies natural balance. Although not the only one, being dehydrated is a common cause of migraines, headaches, muscle soreness etc.
- Prevent sickness.Since water helps to move things along, it aids in getting rid of water soluble toxins and helps to prevent bad bacteria from staying in the body that could get you sick.
- Keep muscles functioning.Sometimes you may feel like your muscles just do not feel like moving, or there is not power or force behind your movement. Drink water to keep your body moving throughout your daily life or fitness routines.
- Keep you looking slim.When the body is dehydrated, it compensates by retaining water, causing you to look bloated and puffy. The best way to reduce puffiness is by regularly drinking water. Conversely, if your are hydrated, your body will be less inclined to retain fluid as it is sure it will be replenished.